On Tuesday the Year 6 children were invited to attend the Hackney Junior Citizenship Scheme in partnership with TfL.
We made our way by bus to Hackney Museum, as a group we took part in a range of activities
These activities include:
· Transport for London’s ‘Safety and Citizenship Team’
· British Red Cross and St John’s Ambulance with practical first aid
· Police Officers from the Safer Transport Team covering choices and consequences
· Hackney Road Safety Team looking at safe crossing awareness and distractions
· London Fire Brigade increasing awareness of reducing risks in the home
· Battersea Dogs’ and Cats’ Home and Wood Green Animal Shelter with information on staying safe around dogs in the neighbourhood
· Hackney’s Public Health Team looking at healthy choices and consequences.
The morning was incredibly informative and the children thoroughly enjoyed the important practical advice given to make them more responsible for their own safety.